This is a recipe that I adapted from the Yummy Supper Blog. It's easily adaptable by changing which spices and vegetables to add or what to put on top. Some fresh bruschetta would be great with this variation, or amy be some salsa and avocado with a more southwestern variation with chili powder, corn, bell peppers, and black beans. Easily made vegetarian by omission of chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 large onion
- 3 cups spinach, uncooked
- 4 garlic cloves (more or less according to taste)
- 1 chicken breast, cooked (omit for vegetarian version)
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (roughly)
- salt (to taste)
- red pepper flakes (to taste)
- mixed Italian herbs, dried (or fresh, to taste)
- 1Rinse Quinoa thoroughly, then add rinsed quinoa and water to a small pot. Let quinoa soak for fifteen minutes and then bring water to boil. Cover pot, reduce heat, and allow to simmer for 20 minutes or until water is absorbed and quinoa is tender.
- 2Peel and mince onions and garlic, but keep separated. Chop spinach.
- 3Saute onions in a large pan with olive oil, when onions are translucent, add spinach and garlic. Cook until spinach is wilted. Remove from heat.
- 4Chop cooked chicken into small pieces.
- 5Mix quinoa, vegetable medley, and chicken in bowl.
- 6Add salt, red pepper flakes, and herbs to taste, and allow mixture to cool to room temperature.
- 7Whisk 3 eggs together in a bowl.
- 8Add eggs to seasoned quinoa mixture and mix in thoroughly.
- 9Heat saute pan with medium heat, add olive oil.
- 10Form a couple of spoon fulls of mixture into a 3 inch wide patty, about 3/4 of an inch thick. Patty mixture may seem loose, but should cook nicely because of the egg.
- 11Place in pan and cook on both sides until brown. (I recommend cooking one patty and tasting it cooked before cooking the whole batch, add more seasoning if necessary.).
- 12Serve hot. (Some serving suggestions in recipe description.).
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach and Chicken Quinoa Patties (Vegetarian Variation Include
Serving Size: 1 (273 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 309.2
- Calories from Fat 142
- Total Fat 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 130.1 mg
- Sodium 82.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 15.6 g