Recipe by eatrealfood
Good comfort food this winter!
Top Review by stormylee
It may be that I just didn't get the seasoning right, but DH and I both felt like this needed... something. Something dry and savoury, like feta, or potatoes, or chickpeas. And if I add one of those, then I think I'd omit the milk&egg mixture. Also I'd prefer to use most of the salt on the chicken instead of the sauce. Chalk this review up to personal taste, the recipe works beautifully and I definitely needed a reminder on how wonderfully spinach and chicken go together! Thanks for sharing!
- 4 chicken fillets, cubed
- 2 ounces butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 12 ounces milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried herbs
- 3 eggs, well beaten
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 6 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- 16 ounces cooked and pureed spinach
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Rinse the chicken and drain well.
- In a pan, heat butter and oil.
- Fry the chicken pieces lightly until tender and cooked.
- Add spinach and stirfry for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Gradually stir in flour.
- Add milk, mixed herbs and seasoning, and bring to boil.
- Transfer into ovenproof dish.
- Combine the egg and evaporated milk, and pour over chicken and spinach.
- Sprinkle the cheese evenly over.
- Place in oven and bake for approximately 45 minutes.