Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Pide is a wonderful Turkish bread. These filled pides are sold at our local bread store and are so yummy!! Use your favourite pizza dough for this recipe.
- 1 pizza dough
- 14.79 ml butter
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 bunch spinach, washed and shredded
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 250 g fresh ricotta cheese
- 100 g feta cheese, crumbled
- 118.29 ml pine nuts
- 118.29 ml fresh breadcrumb
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- lemon wedge, to serve
- Melt butter in frying pan over medium heat,add garlic and spinach. Cook,stirring for 30 - 60 seconds until spinach just wilts.
- Transfer to bowl and cool for 10 minutes.
- Add the scallions, ricotta, feta, pine nuts and breadcrumbs to the spinach. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 200°C Lightly grease two large baking trays.
- Cut pizza dough into four. Roll out to a 25cm oval shape.
- Spoon filling onto centre of each oval, fold in sides and twist ends (don't totally enclose the filling - the shape should look sort of like boats).
- Place onto prepared trays, allowing room for spreading. Spray lightly with oil.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until crisp and golden.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
Great flavor and very easy to make. I made them into a calzone instead of leaving them open. My 2 yr old loves them as well. Thanks for a great recipe.
I saw ncmysteryshopper's picture of these and HAD to make them. I picked a day when I really had no time at all for baking, but the picture of those pides in my head was taunting me!! I got them done just before I had to run out the door and took them with me for a warm snack on the go. Fabulous. I used Easiest Ever Pizza Dough for the dough and also altered the types of cheese a bit for what I had in the house. This strikes me as a very flexible recipe.
Fabulous!!! These were devoured so fast by everyone, including a very picky three year old. These remind me of white pizza, which I love! So quick and easy! My favorite pizza dough comes from the refrigerated section of the grocery store! LOL! Made this very quick and easy!