Recipe by Fairy Nuff
Pide is a wonderful Turkish bread. These filled pides are sold at our local bread store and are so yummy!! Use your favourite pizza dough for this recipe.
- 1 pizza dough
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 bunch spinach, washed and shredded
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 250 g fresh ricotta cheese
- 100 g feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts
- 1⁄2 cup fresh breadcrumb
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- lemon wedge, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in frying pan over medium heat,add garlic and spinach. Cook,stirring for 30 - 60 seconds until spinach just wilts.
- Transfer to bowl and cool for 10 minutes.
- Add the scallions, ricotta, feta, pine nuts and breadcrumbs to the spinach. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 200°C Lightly grease two large baking trays.
- Cut pizza dough into four. Roll out to a 25cm oval shape.
- Spoon filling onto centre of each oval, fold in sides and twist ends (don't totally enclose the filling - the shape should look sort of like boats).
- Place onto prepared trays, allowing room for spreading. Spray lightly with oil.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until crisp and golden.
- Serve with lemon wedges.