Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
I tricked my kids into eating spinach with this one.
- 1 (10 ounce) packagechopped spinach, thawed with all the water squeezed out
- 1 (16 ounce) container cottage cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 egg
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (1 ounce) envelopegood seasons Italian salad dressing mix
- 20 large shell macaroni, cooked and drained
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- In a large mixing bowl, stir spinach, cottage cheese, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, egg, red bell pepper, and salad dressing mix until blended.
- Stuff each shell with 1 heaping tablespoon of spinach mixture.
- Spread half of the spaghetti sauce into a 13x9 inch baking dish.
- Place stuffed shells in the dish; spoon the rest of the sauce over the shells.
- Sprinkle evenly with the remaining cheese.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until well heated.