Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 4 large portabella mushroom caps
- cooking spray
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 0.5 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained thoroughly
- 1⁄3 cup chopped bottled roasted red pepper
- 3⁄4 cup tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Remove brown gills from undersides of mushrooms using a spoon; discard gills.
- Place mushrooms, stem sides up, on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon salt. Bake at 400° for 5 minutes.
- While mushrooms bake, combine ricotta, garlic powder, black pepper, and remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt in a medium bowl, stirring well.
- Gently stir in the spinach and bell pepper.
- Divide mixture evenly among mushroom caps.
- Top evenly with tomato sauce and cheese. Sprinkle evenly with oregano.
- Bake at 400° for 8 minutes.
- Increase oven temperature to broil. Broil 1 1/2 minutes or until cheese is melted.