This is Deee-licious and not at all difficult. A filling alternative to meat dishes. This is the "main" recipe. Please also refer to my Fresh Tomato Sauce recipe. I will also list a recipe for Homemade Pasta Sheets if you choose to go that route instead of purchasing them. *Both recipes to be published in next few days* I almost didn't post this as it's so long, but these are really fun to make and really not that hard.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
To Make the Filling
- 1/2 lb spinach (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 lb fresh ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated provolone cheese
- 1 cup chopped mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper
To Make the Ravioli
- 1FILLING: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Sauté spinach with garlic, shallots and olive oil.
- 3Chop and drain all the liquid from the spinach.
- 4In a bowl, place, spinach, Ricotta, Mozzarella and Provolone.
- 5Mix well until you get a firm texture.
- 6Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 8Roll out dough and cut into sheets of manageable length, approximately 16 inches.
- 9Do not roll out too many sheets at a time or the dough will begin to dry and be difficult to handle- trust me!
- 10Make a row of generous teaspoons of filling, 1 inch apart, across the center of 1 pasta sheet.
- 11Carefully fold the sheet in half toward you, matching the horizontal edges of the dough.
- 12Gently press the filling down with your fingertips.
- 13Press the dough down between each teaspoon of filling to enclose it.
- 14Ttrim off the edges of the dough and cut apart the ravioli.
- 15Gently crimp the edges of the ravioli with a fork.
- 16Lay the ravioli on a lightly floured bed sheet or tea towels and let dry at least 5 minutes before cooking.
- 17COOK: Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil and add ravioli (Very fresh pasta takes about 2 to 5 minutes to cook).
- 18Carefully drain the ravioli and transfer to a warm serving platter; top with tomato sauce and grated Parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach and Cheese Ravioli With Fresh Tomato Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (142 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 406.9
- Calories from Fat 339
- Total Fat 37.7 g
- Saturated Fat 19.1 g
- Cholesterol 86.0 mg
- Sodium 448.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 14.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: