Recipe by dojemi
This recipe was featured on Martha Stewart this morning. Looked delicious and was a quick dish to prepare.
- butter, for baking dish
- 3 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups coarsely grated gruyere cheese (about 6 ounces)
- coarse salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a shallow 1-quart baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine spinach, half-and-half, eggs, 1 cup of the Gruyere (1/2 cup set aside for the top), 2 teaspoons salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper, and nutmeg; stir to combine.
- Spread evenly in prepared baking dish, and top with remaining 1/2 cup Gruyere.
- Bake until set and top is golden brown, 30 to 35 minutes.