Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
From Everyday Food.
- butter, for baking dish
- 3 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups coarsely grated gruyere cheese (about 6 ounces)
- coarse salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a shallow 1-quart baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine spinach, half-and-half, eggs, 1 cup Gruyere, 2 teaspoons salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper, and nutmeg; stir to combine. Spread evenly in prepared baking dish, and top with remaining 1/2 cup Gruyere. Bake until set and top is golden brown, 30 to 35 minutes.