Recipe by glitter
This takes time but it's worth it. It is a rustic sort of pizza Note: to make a quicker version...you can use 2 (1- lb.) loaves thawed frozen bread dough also...See instructions.
- 2 lbs basic pizza dough
- 1 (10 ounce) packagefrozen thawed and chopped spinach, squeeze out any extra water by pressing it through a sieve,spread between two paper towels for 10 mi
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, divided
- 1⁄3 cup chopped flat-leafed Italian parsley
- 1 -2 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon basil, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup fresh red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the oil, spinach, 2/3 c.
- Parmesan cheese, paarsley, garlic, basil, salt and the pepper and puree this combination in a food processor.
- You will need one risen ball of dough from the two from the"Basic Pizza Dough Recipe".# 84144
- Put this dough on a lightly floured board.
- Pound flat.
- Roll out to about 10-12" around.
- Place on a lightly greased cookie sheet that has been sprinkled with a little white cornmeal.
- The cornmeal gives the pizza a nice bottom.
- Make sure you form a rim around the edge of the dough.
- Bake in a 400* oven for 10-15 min.
- or until it is lightly browned.
- Repeat with the next dough ball for a second pizza or freeze dough for later use.
- Spread each dough with equal amounts of the spinach mixture then add the red peppers and cheeses.
- Bake at 400* for 10 min.
- or until the chees melts.
- NOTE: To make this easier you can use two 1-lb.
- loaves of frozen bread dough, thawed.
- It will save you on alot of time.