Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These meatballs are simple to make, and freeze really well. I found this recipe online and made some modifications (the original source of the recipe has since disappeared). Note: I usually make these with GoLean ground beef substitute
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese or 1⁄2 cup romano cheese
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 cup bran flakes, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute or 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup dried onion flakes
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- Mix all ingredients together thoroughly and shape into 30 balls.
- Spray a skillet with nonstick spray and fry balls just until browned, about 2-3 minutes.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Put balls onto broiler pan (or pan with wire rack) sprayed with non-stick spray, and bake for 30 minutes.
- Store in freezer. To thaw, put a few on a plate and microwave for about 30 seconds.