Prep 6 mins
Cook 20 mins
I most all the time serve this when I have company over for dinner, and everyone just loves it...it is a very delicious side dish, you could even add roasted garlic if desired, I have done so many times, (I roast my garlic, and then and freeze it), also if you are serving more than 4 people, just double the recipe. (prep time does not include boiling the potatoes)
- 6 -7 potatoes, peeled,boiled and mashed
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions or 2 tablespoons chives
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 (10 ounce) package spinach (cooked and drained, squeeze out any excess moisture with hands, frozen spinach is okay also)
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- Set oven to 400 degrees.
- Butter a 2-quart casserole dish.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients, except the grated cheddar cheese.
- Spoon into prepared baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, top with grated cheddar, bake for 5 minutes longer.
- If desired, roasted garlic may be added to mixture.
These potatoes were delicious!! Instead of adding roasted garlic, I added a little bit of garlic powder. Next time, I will use fresh or roasted. My 13 year old son told me to never make plain mashed potatoes again! :)