Recipe by moonpoodle
I got this recipe from Whole Foods, but I changed it a little to fit my tastes better. The original recipe calls for red sauce, but I prefer Alfredo in this type of dish.
Top Review by Burgundy Damsel
Maybe I just didn't have a good sauce, but this recipe didn't impress. I definitely needed extra filling and it just lacked defining taste and substance. I think if I try it again I'll use a different sauce and supliment the filling with a couple additional veggies to fill it up.
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 egg
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen chopped spinach
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 (25 ounce) jar alfredo sauce
- 9 -12 lasagna noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Prepare lasagna noodles as directed.
- Mix ricotta, 1 cup mozzarella,egg, spinach, and oregano. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- In a 9x13" non-reactive baking pan, layer one cup sauce, then a layer of noodles, layer of ricotta/spinach mixture and repeat. Top with the remaining sauce and cheese.
- Pour 1 cup water around the edges of pan.
- Cover with foil and bake 1 1/4 hours. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.