Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
A yummy way to eat spinach! I found this on the Pillsbury site.
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach
- 3⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, separated
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill weed
- 2 (8 ounce) packages refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- Heat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Thaw spinach.
- Drain well, pressing out excess moisture.
- In frypan, cook onion and garlic in oil over medium heat for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Combine spinach, onion mixture, cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese, egg yolk, basil, salt and pepper.
- Separate dough into 16 triangles.
- Cut each in half diagonally to form 32 triangles.
- Place 1 tbsp of spinach mixture in centre of each triangle.
- Bring corners to centre over filling, overlapping ends; press to seal.
- Place on greased baking sheets.
- Brush with beaten egg white; sprinkle with dillweed if desired.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm.
- Makes 32 appetizers.