Recipe by Kitzy
This makes a tasty and pretty-looking loaf. You could use the dough to make 12 rolls and bake them for around 20 minutes. Prep time does not include rising time.
Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
Mmmm! very good! Made for lunch with friends, everyone loved it! I underestimated the size of pan I would need, next time I will use a large loaf pan, and there will definitely be a next time. I didn't have pumpkin seeds, so doubled up on the roasted sunflower seeds, and when I came to bake it, I sprinkled brown onion soup powder on top of the loaf, and then drizzled melted butter over that, mmmhmm! I was quite surprised that even non-spinach lovers enjoyed this tasty loaf! thanks, kitzy!
- 480 g strong white bread flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (1/4 ounce) sachet dried active dry yeast
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 25 g butter
- 125 g mature cheddar cheese, grated
- 50 g pumpkin seeds
- 50 g sunflower seeds
- 160 g frozen spinach, defrosted
- 1 medium egg
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, sugar, salt, yeast, caynenne pepper and mustard powder. Rub in the butter with your fingertips until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the cheese, seeds and spinach and mix well.
- Add around 300ml warm water and knead well for 10 minutes on a flourered surface.
- Place in a greased loaf tin, cover and leave in a warm place until doubled in size (about an hour).
- Preheat the oven to 220C/Gas 7. Brush the top of the loaf with beaten egg and bake for around 35 minutes or until golden brown.