Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 mins
From "Cooking for Diabetics", Weekend.
Make and share this Spinach and Carrot Sandwich recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 2 small lettuce leaves
- 1⁄4 cup spring onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 -3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon cheese, grated
- 1 dash of grated nutmeg
- 2 slices whole wheat bread, slightly toasted
- salt and pepper
- Remove the hard stems from the spinach.
- Wash it under running water.
- Chop away.
- Place the chopped spinach, onions and carrots in a pan with 2-3 tbsps.
- of water.
- Cook for 6 minutes.
- Dry out the water.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix well.
- Place a lettuce leaf over each slice of bread.
- Place spoonfuls of the spinach-carrot mixture on it.
- Sprinkle cheese, parsley and nutmeg over it.
- Serve warm.