2 hrs 15 mins
This dish is very soothing, healthy, and yummy. You can use any white bean in place of the cannellini beans, and canned beans would work just as well as dried (no need for soaking and cooking).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Simmer the beans in water until tender, about an hour, and drain.
- 2Fry the bread in 2 T of oil until golden brown, set aside.
- 3Saute the onion in 2 T of oil until soft, add tomatoes and continue cooking over low heat.
- 4Add the paprika and spinach and cook until the spinach has wilted.
- 5Stir in the cannellini beans and season with salt and pepper.
- 6Using a food processor (or a regular old knife and cutting board), mince up the garlic and fried bread.
- 7Add to the spinach mixture, along with the water.
- 8Cover and simmer gently for 20-30 minutes (adding more water if needed).
- 9Serve with chunks of crusty bread.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach and Cannellini Beans
Serving Size: 1 (373 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 270.6
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 142.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.8 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 10.3 g