Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A light vegie soup that's also creamy - what a combo!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 leeks
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 250 g spinach, chopped
- 3 cups broccoli florets (around 2 heads)
- 1 large potato, peeled and cubed
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- Remove the roots and leaves from the leeks, wash well, and chop roughly.
- Heat the oil in a large, heavy-based saucepan or stock pot. Saute the leek until softened.
- Add the garlic and pepper, and continue cooking, stirring, for around a minute.
- Add the spinach, in batches if using fresh, broccoli, potato and stock. Cover and simmer until the potato is tender.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Blend on high speed using a hand held/stick mixer.
- Serve with grated parmesan or sour cream.