This is not a recipe for you, if you are on a diet, I made this one up a while ago and it is very rich, full of flavours, but not exactly the lowest fat content in the world. I served mine with mashed parsnip and vegetables, but it also good over pasta which I have done as well.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 300 g spinach
- 1 cup mushroom, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 100 g boursin brand garlic & herb spreadable cheese
For the Sauce
- 2 cups cream
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder with parsley (if you don't have this mixed powder, just garlic powder is fine.)
- 50 g butter
- 100 g cream cheese
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- white pepper
- With a meat mallet pound chicken until it is about the same thickness all over.
- Heat a little oil in a pan, add mushrooms and garlic, and cook until mushrooms are soft. In a small pan cook bacon until browned.
- In a large Saucepan bring some water to the boil, add spinach and cook until spinach wilts, drain, rinse under cold water, squeeze out any excess liquid.
- In a bowl combine spinach, mushrooms, bacon and boursin, mix until it is well combined. ( there should be enough heat left from mushrooms, to soften cheese, to mix evenly, if not just zap it for 20-30 seconds in the microwave, to make it easy to combine.).
- Dived mixture evenly between 4 breasts, Laying it on one half of the breast roll the other half over the top to cover and secure with tooth picks.
- Lightly oil the bottom of a baking dish, place chicken in, drizzle a little more oil over the top of each breast, bake in a pre-heated oven 180c, for about 40-50 Min's or until chicken is cooked. (cooking times will vary depending on the thickness of the breast.
- For the Sauce:.
- In a sauce pan add cream, butter and garlic powder, heat through making sure butter has melted, add Parmesan cheese, cream cheese and pepper to taste.
- Simmer on a low heat 15-20 Min's, This allows the cheese to be well and truly melted and really brings out the taste, the longer you simmer the sauce for, the more tasty it will be, just remember to stir from time to time.
- To serve cut chicken in half place on plate and pour sauce over. Alternatively slice chicken into pieces place on top of pasta and pour sauce over. MMmmmmm.
I made this for dinner tonight. My family loved it. I made as instructed, no substitutions or anything left out or added. I will definitely make this again. Thanks! :)