1/2 Photos of Spinach and Blue Cheese-Stuffed Flank Steak
NICK SUHADOLNIK's Note:
I'm always looking for great recipes and experiment alot. Every once in awhile, I discover one that just cries out to be shared. The following is just such a recipe. It really is very easy, but the flavor and presentation is quite "gourmet". My wife and I had it for dinner last night with nothing more than a side dish of herbed and garlic scalloped potatoes and a nice bottle of Pinot Noir. It was YUMMY!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Place the thawed spinach in the center of a kitchen towel. Holding the towel over the sink, twist it to squeeze excess water out of the spinach.
- 3Open the towel and place the spinach in a food processor, along with the pine nuts, blue cheese, and garlic. Pulse until the ingredients form a thick paste.
- 4Place the flank steak flat on a work surface and using your fingers and/or a silicone spatula, spread the spinach and cheese mixture evenly over the entire steak.
- 5Roll the steak into a cylinder and, using kitchen twine, tie the roll securely about every two inches.
- 6Mix one tablespoons olive oil with seasoning salt, pepper and liquid smoke. Brush mixture over the whole outer surface of the steak roll.
- 7In a large, deep skillet over medium-high, heat the remaining oil. Add the steak roll and sear one side for about 1 1/2 minutes. Use tongs to rotate the roll 1/4 turn, searing for another 1 1/2 minutes. Continue until all sides are seared.
- 8Transfer the roll to a rack, place on a baking sheet or pan and place in oven to roast for 15 to 20 minutes, or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of the roll reads 140 degrees F.
- 9Remove from oven, let stand for 5 minutes. Slice, serve, and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach and Blue Cheese-Stuffed Flank Steak
Serving Size: 1 (267 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 527.7
- Calories from Fat 344
- Total Fat 38.2 g
- Saturated Fat 12.3 g
- Cholesterol 79.3 mg
- Sodium 525.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 40.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: