Prep 25 mins
Cook 43 mins
Spinach and blue cheese quiche
- 1.10 lb shortcrust pastry
- 0.40 lb spinach
- 0.28 lb cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup single cream
- 3 eggs
- 0.28 lb blue cheese
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6. Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface to the thickness of a £1 coin. Use to line a 23cm flan case and prick the base with a fork. Chill for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the fridge, lay a piece of foil inside the pastry case and weigh down with baking beans or dry rice. Bake for 10 minutes then remove the foil and beans or rice and return to the oven for 5 minutes.
- Wash the spinach in cold water, then drain in a colander. Stir-fry in a wok for 3-4 minutes. Tip back into the colander and press with the back of a wooden spoon to remove as much liquid as possible. Leave until cool enough to handle, then squeeze with your hands to extract more liquid. Chop roughly.
- Put the soft cheese and cream in a bowl and whisk until smooth. Add the eggs and whisk until evenly blended. Season well.
- Sprinkle the cheese in the flan case and top with the spinach. Pour on the cream and egg mixture. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes or until the filling is lightly set.