Recipe by Is This Really Necessary
Comfort food for me, and very easy and quick.
Top Review by smoke alarm jr
Wow! Delectable!A must for blue cheese lovers! The pasta, spinach, cheese, olives..... it all makes such a nice combination. What an elegant dish....one I will definitely be making again!=)The only thing I would change would be to use fresh spinach instead of frozen (just my own personal taste). Note: If others do not prefer blue cheese I wouldn't hesitate to use freshly grated parmesan in place of.
- 400 g lasagna pasta or 400 g similar pasta
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 shallot
- 2 cloves garlic
- 400 g deep freeze spinach, defrosted
- 100 ml cream
- black pepper
- 8 pitted black olives
- 175 g blue cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop the shallots, garlic and olives.
- Cook the pasta.
- While heating water for the pasta, heat 3 tbsp of oil in a skillet and sauté the shallots and garlic circa 3 mins.
- Add the spinach and heat it slowly.
- Add the cream.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain the pasta thoroughly and add pasta and olives to spinach mixture.
- Crumble the cheese over the pasta; stir.
- Drizzle rest of oil over pasta and add a generous amount of freshly ground pepper.