Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
The combination of spinach, blue cheese, and mint works out well. Serve with a tomato salad. Instead of the fresh lasagne leaves, dried ones can be used as well; in that case, pre-cook them as long as is necessary to be able to roll them, but as short as possible.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 600 g spinach, cleaned and washed
- 1 bunch mint, sliced (NOT chopped!)
- 50 g blue cheese
- fresh ground black pepper
- 250 g fresh lasagna sheets
- 150 g low-fat cream cheese
- 50 g sharp gouda cheese, grated
- 50 g pine nuts
- Sauté the onion in the olive oil until golden brown. Add the spinach and cook 4-5 mins, stirring continuously. Drain and press as much fluid from the spinach as possible. Cut finely. Mix with the mint and the blue cheese and add pepper to taste.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius Spread cream cheese over the lasagne leaves. Spread the spinach mixture over the cream cheese and roll them to cannelloni.
- Put the cannelloni in an oven tray, spread the cheese and pine nuts on top, and cook them in the oven until golden brown (circa 20 mins).