Recipe by cervantesbrandi
Spinach and bleu cheese come together in this wonderfully rich and satisfying chicken dish. I served this with grilled asparagus and twice baked potatoes for a pleasing meal for both adults and children alike!
- 4 butterflied boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 10 ounces frozen spinach
- 6 ounces softened cream cheese
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 4 baby portabella mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt (I use McCormicks)
- parmesean breadcrumbs (I used fresh cheese and herb flavored bread crumbs mixed)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pound butterflied breasts in a zip lock bag until both sides are around 1/4 inch thick.
- In a separate bowl, mix bleu cheese, cream cheese, spinach, garlic, mushrooms, and seasoned salt. I always taste it at this point to make sure it doesn't need more seasonings or more garlic.
- Spoon mixture onto one half of the butterflied breast and fold the other side over the filling like a blanket. Carefully pick up each breast and place in the breading to coat all sides of the chicken without the filling falling out.
- Place on greased baking pan and bake on 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes uncovered. I always take them out at 25 minutes and cut the biggest breast in half to make sure the chicken is done.
- Serve with your favorite sides and you have a wonderful dinner!