Recipe by ValFosburgh
A quick and easy side-dish that's both delicious and helpful. A hint of lemon and spice makes this a dish that's sure to delight. Can also be eaten cold, if preferred.
Top Review by Vincent Van Ravis
We really liked this. We used fresh spinach and just added a couple bunches of whole, rinsed leaves to the pot. When they had wilted we ate it. This went really well with grilled chicken breasts.
- 1 large onion, chopped small
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach
- 1 (15 ounce) can black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium lemon, juice of (or 2-3 tbsp lemon juice)
- 2 teaspoons allspice (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop onions and saute in olive oil over medium heat until soft.
- Add drained, rinsed black-eyed peas, lemon, salt and allspice and mix well.
- Place two "bricks" of spinach on top and continue to cook on medium heat until spinach is cooked through, stirring occassionally.