Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 small onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 lb spinach, well washed
- 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, grated
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 4 corn tortillas
- 1 (8 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- Heat a skillet to medium and add the olive oil. Stir fry the onion and pepper in the cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Reduce the heat to medium low and add the spinach and stir occasionally until wilted.
- Add the black beans and combine with the other ingredients.
- Remove from the heat and toss with the green onions.
- Add a few spoonfuls of the enchilada sauce into a baking dish. Assemble the enchiladas by combining a bit of cheese in each enchilada with a bit saved for baking on top.
- Place them side by side in the dish and cover the remaining sauce and then cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve with sour cream, salsa, and green onions.