Hey Jude's Note:
This is a healthy, thick and beautiful soup. We have this with my 'manapua' (pork buns). From my favorite cookbook author, Madame S.T. Ting Wong. Prep and cook times are approximate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb spinach, rinsed and stems removed
- 3/4 cup cooked chicken, chopped into 1/4 inch cubes
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1/3 cup bamboo shoot, cut into 1/4 inch dice
- 4 dried black mushrooms, soaked 20 minutes in hot water,stems removed,cut into 1/4 inch cubes
- 12 ounces firm tofu, cut into 1/4 inch cubes (tofu)
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch, dissolved in
- 4 tablespoons cold water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cooked ham, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1Blanch spinach in boiling water for 1 minute; rinse in cold water, squeeze dry and chop fine.
- 2Bring stock to a boil; add chicken, bamboo shoots, mushrooms and bean curd; thicken with dissolved cornstarch.
- 3Add spinach, bring to a boil; add salt and pepper, stir until well blended.
- 4Sprinkle ham on top; garnish with chopped cilantro and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach and Bean Curd Soup (Gun)
Serving Size: 1 (573 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 302.5
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 34.4 mg
- Sodium 1175.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 26.0 g