Recipe by Hey Jude
This is a healthy, thick and beautiful soup. We have this with my 'manapua' (pork buns). From my favorite cookbook author, Madame S.T. Ting Wong. Prep and cook times are approximate.
- 1⁄2 lb spinach, rinsed and stems removed
- 3⁄4 cup cooked chicken, chopped into 1/4 inch cubes
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄3 cup bamboo shoot, cut into 1/4 inch dice
- 4 dried black mushrooms, soaked 20 minutes in hot water,stems removed,cut into 1/4 inch cubes
- 12 ounces firm tofu, cut into 1/4 inch cubes (tofu)
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch, dissolved in
- 4 tablespoons cold water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cooked ham, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Blanch spinach in boiling water for 1 minute; rinse in cold water, squeeze dry and chop fine.
- Bring stock to a boil; add chicken, bamboo shoots, mushrooms and bean curd; thicken with dissolved cornstarch.
- Add spinach, bring to a boil; add salt and pepper, stir until well blended.
- Sprinkle ham on top; garnish with chopped cilantro and serve.