2 hrs 15 mins
Got a similar recipe from Giada De Laurentiis's show and made it for Easter morning. It was a hit! We dubbed it "Giada Strata" and plan to keep it as a regular holiday meal. I've made a few tweaks of my own to the recipe based on my family's taste and what I had available. This is really good and great when you have company.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Saute chopped bacon in large skillet until crisp. Using slotted spoon, remove bacon from skillet to paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- 2Reserve small amount of bacon drippings in skillet. Add onion to skillet and saute until soft, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and spinach and saute 2 minutes. Stir in 1/2 teaspoons seasoning salt and reserved bacon.
- 3Place half bread cubes in a buttered 9x13" baking dish. Sprinkle half of the cheese over the bread, top with half of the spinach mixture. Repeat layering.
- 4Whisk milk, eggs, and remaining 1/2 teaspoons of seasoning salt in a large bowl and pour evenly over the strata. Gently push surface of bread down into milk to coat. Chill strata, covered with plastic wrap, at least 2 hours or up to overnight.
- 5Bake strata uncovered until puffed, golden brown, and cooked through, about 45 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach and Bacon Strata
Serving Size: 1 (438 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 870.1
- Calories from Fat 503
- Total Fat 55.9 g
- Saturated Fat 21.2 g
- Cholesterol 395.6 mg
- Sodium 1655.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 40.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: