Recipe by akgrown
Be sure to use cold eggs, straight from the refrigerator, because they will be easier to break and are more likely to hold their shape well during cooking. From Everyday Food.
- 1⁄2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 4 large eggs
- 6 slices bacon, cut crosswise into 1/2 inch pieces (about 6 oz)
- 1 shallot, minced
- coarse salt and pepper
- 12 ounces Baby Spinach (about 12 cups)
Directions See How It's Made
- Fill a large skillet with 1 1/2 inches of water. Heat over medium heat just until bubbles appear on bottom; stir in 1 T vinegar.
- Break each egg into a cup; dip cup in water 20 seconds tnen release egg. Cook until whites are just firm, 4-6 minutes
- Remove with a slotted spoon. Drain on paper towels; trim edges with a knife.
- In a med saucepan, cook bacon over med-high heat, until browned; remove. Cook shallot in bacon fat until soft.
- Add remaining 1/2 c vinegar; boil over high until redued to 1/3 c, 2-3 minutes Season with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, toss spinach with bacon and Hot vinaigrette. Divide among 4 plates and top each with a poached egg.