Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
This can be baked a day or two ahead and just pop it in the microwave until warm.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 0.5 (15 ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded swiss cheese, divided
- 6 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Drain spinach well, pressing between paper towels. Set aside.
- Fit piecrust into a 9-inch pieplate according to package directions; fold edges under, and crimp. Freeze crust 10 minutes.
- Bake crust at 400 for 7 minutes; remove from oven. Reduce oven temperature to 350.
- Sprinkle bacon, chopped green onions, and 3/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese into prepared piecrust.
- Stir together spinach, eggs, and next 5 ingredients; pour mixture over cheese in crust, and sprinkle evenly with remaining 3/4 cup Swiss cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 35 to 40 minutes or until set, shielding edges with aluminum foil after 20 minutes to prevent excess browning, if necessary. Let stand 10 minutes.