Recipe by Manami
An easy and delicious quiche. This comes courtesy of Paula Deen & her show on Televion Food Network, 2003.
Top Review by muffinlady
This is very good. according to the reviews on the original site for this recipe it makes enough for 2 pies. I used 2 % milk instead of heavy cream as I don't like heavy rich food. And instead of Swiss I used Monterrey jack cheese. I purchased some honey baked ham and sauteed that and used that in place of the bacon. I don't like Swiss cheese. I used Recipe # 398725 Grandma Lyna's Best Pie Crust I have never had a pie crust that was as tender. For this pie crust I omitted sugar and added 1/2 tsp onion powder and 1/2 tsp garlic powder. Yum -- - - -
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- salt, to taste
- freshly ground fresh coarse ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups fresh Baby Spinach, chopped & packed
- 1 lb bacon, cooked & crumbled
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded swiss cheese
- 1 (9 inch) refrigerated pie crusts, fitted to a 9-inch glass pie plate
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Combine the eggs, cream, salt and pepper in food processor or blender.
- Layer the spinach, bacon and cheese in the bottom of the pie crust.
- The pour egg mixture on top.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until the egg mixture is set.
- Cut into 8 wedges and serve.