Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Recipe is from Betty Crocker.
Make and share this Spinach and Bacon Mac 'n Cheese recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups uncooked bow tie pasta, pasta (farfalle, 8 oz)
- 1⁄2 lb sliced bacon, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese (8 oz)
- 1 (6 ounce) bagfresh baby spinach leaves, coarsely chopped
- In 5-quart Dutch oven, cook and drain pasta as directed on package. Return to Dutch oven; cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in 10-inch skillet, cook bacon over medium heat 5 to 8 minutes, stirring often, until crisp; remove to paper towels. Reserve 2 tablespoons drippings.
- In 3-quart saucepan, heat butter and reserved bacon drippings over medium heat until butter is melted. Add garlic; cook 30 seconds or until fragrant. Stir in flour, salt and pepper with whisk until smooth. Stir in milk; heat to boiling. Stir in cheese until melted and sauce is smooth.
- Pour cheese sauce over pasta; stir until coated. Stir in spinach. Reserve 1/4 cup of the bacon; stir remaining bacon into pasta mixture. Divide pasta mixture among 6 serving bowls; garnish with reserved bacon.