Recipe by JustJanS
Another recipe to clean out the fridge!
Top Review by I'mPat
A fantastic lunch for the DM and I (I had mine with a green salad) and the DM thoroughly enjoyed hers as is including young fresh green silverbeet (anything that gets the DM to eat green vegetables gets bonus points in my book). I did have to use vintage cheddar as shock/horror I was out of parmesan. Thank you Jan for a great lunch, made for Edition 9 - Make My Recipe.
- 4 large potatoes, washed
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 155 g packets frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 4 green onions, finely sliced
- salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat your oven to 190c.
- Pierce the potatoes a couple of times, then bake in oven for 1 hour or until tender.
- Meanwhile cook the bacon in a pan until crispy, then add the spinach and cook a couple of minutes more to dry it out.
- Place spinach and bacon in a bowl.
- Allow the cooked potatoes to cool a little, then split lengthways into two halves.
- Scoop the flesh from the potatoes into the bowl with the bacon and spinach; Leave a bit of flesh in the shell to support it.
- Add the sour cream and mash until smoothish.
- Add the sliced green onions and season with salt and pepper; stir through.
- Divide the mixture and fill the potato shells with it; sprinkle a talespoon of parmesan cheese over each.
- Bake in the oven for a further 20 minutes or until well heated through and the cheese browned.