Norahs Girl's Note:
This is a really colourful soup which I serve cold,especially on Hot nights!Also its so quick and easy as it requires no cooking!!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces nice and tender baby spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups home made chicken stock
- 3 dashes hot pepper sauce (use your favourite and to taste)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- yogurt (to garnish)
- parsley (to garnish)
- 1Blanch the spinach in boiling Water for a minute,then drain.
- 2Place spinach in a liquidiser with all the other ingredients and whizz together until smooth.
- 3Chill til needed To serve pour into bowls and top with a dollop of yogurt and sprinkle with parsley.
- 4A sprinkle of cayenne pepper also looks pretty!
- 5It serves 4 but I often double it.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach and Avocado Soup
Serving Size: 1 (310 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 148.5
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 5.5 mg
- Sodium 815.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 6.2 g