- 8 ounces nice and tender baby spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups home made chicken stock
- 3 dashes hot pepper sauce (use your favourite and to taste)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- yogurt (to garnish)
- parsley (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Blanch the spinach in boiling Water for a minute,then drain.
- Place spinach in a liquidiser with all the other ingredients and whizz together until smooth.
- Chill til needed To serve pour into bowls and top with a dollop of yogurt and sprinkle with parsley.
- A sprinkle of cayenne pepper also looks pretty!
- It serves 4 but I often double it.