Recipe by Debbwl
This is a easy and tasty appetizer from the Complete Southern Cookbook. *See note about making ahead* **freeze time not included**
Top Review by Margie99
I liked the flavor of it a lot. I froze it for a week or so. When I thawed it, it had a greenish oil oozing from it. I baked it as directed and they tasted great, they didn't slice really pretty like I am sure they would have if I had made them right away. Overall, good stuff.
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 14 ounces artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, greated
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 3⁄4-1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 17 1⁄3 ounces puff pastry, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain the spinach well, pressing between layers of paper towels to remove the excess moisture. In a large bowl, stir together the spinach, artichoke hearts, mayonnaise, cheese, onion powder, garlic powder, and pepper.
- Unfold the pastry sheets and spread half the spinach mixture evenly over each sheet, leaving a 1/4 inch border. Roll up jelly-roll style, pressing to seal the seams.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and freeze 25 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 400 F and lightly grease 2 baking sheets. Cut the rolls into 1/2 inch thick slices and place on the prepared baking shees. Bake 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve warm.
- *Note* Uncut tolls may be frozen up to three months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator before proceeding to bake and serve.