Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Flaky pastry(refrigerated crescent rolls!) filled with a savory filling for a dramatic main dish that can be prepared in less than an hour! Adapted from Pampered Chef! Easy enough for family and great presentation for company or holidays! For a demonstration on how to make this go to: http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=247514
- 2 (8 ounce) packages refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 (14 ounce) can water-packed artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded feta cheese or 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375*F.
- In bowl, combine artichokes, spinach, mozzarella cheese, feta cheese(or Parmesan, red bell pepper, mayonnaise, garlic and black pepper. Mix well. Set aside.
- Unroll the 2 packages of crescent rolls onto work surface. Separate into 16 triangles in a circle on a large round pizza pan(or baking stone) with wide ends 3" from edge of pan and points towards the outside. Points will extend off the edge of the baking stone or pan(depending on size).
- Arrange remaining triangles in center of baking stone or pan; matching wide ends with triangles already in place Points will overlap in the center.
- Using rolling pin, roll over seams of triangles where the wide ends meet, creating a smooth surface for filling. Do not seal center triangles.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop filling evenly over dough in a continuous circle.
- Beginning with the last triangle placed in center of baking stone or pan, bring point of triangle straight across filling.
- Next, bring point of opposite outside triangle diagonally across point of previous triangle. The filling will show.
- Repeat, overlapping points of inside and outside triangles to form a wreath. Tuck last end under first.
- Brush top of wreath with egg white. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Enjoy!.
added sliced salami to this recipe and guests devoured this!
I made this and it was a major hit. I adapted it this way instead of the rolls I spread it on tortillas rolled them baked them and let cool and then sliced them into pinwheels and served at room temp. they were gone in seconds.
I am delighted to have found this vegetarian recipe at the start of the holiday season, although it would be good at any time of the year. The wreath shape is particularly festive. I made it as a vegetarian main course with the bright red Spicy Quinoa Salad as a side a couple of nights ago, and it was so successful that I plan to serve it as part of our Christmas dinner. This is one of those easy recipes that look like you slaved...gotta love it!