Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a takeoff on the classic spinach artichoke dip, made into dinner!
Make and share this Spinach and Artichoke Tortellini Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup cream
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen spinach, defrosted and squeezed of all liquid
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb cheese tortellini
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cook tortellini in boiling salted water for 3 minutes.
- In large oven proof skillet, saute garlic and onion in oil until soft, 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with flour and cook 1 minute. Add broth, cream, and nutmeg, simmer 5 minutes.
- Add spinach, artichokes, parmesan, salt and pepper.
- Stir in par-cooked tortellini.
- Top with bread crumbs, and bake for 30 minutes.
Had this for Monday night Casserole night and it was a hit. I added mozzarella cheese, and extra parmesan cheese because we're all cheese freaks. Thanks
Everybody loved this! There were no leftovers, sadly! I did bake this in a casserole dish and then put it under the broiler to crisp the breadcrumbs up a bit. We thought the amount of sauce was fine for us, and usually I do double the sauce, but not this time! We will be making this often. Thanks
This was an easy weeknight meal to put together. I didn't have chicken broth on hand so I used water. I also turned the tortellini into a sprayed casserole and baked in the oven. It turned out great. I will make again. Thanks for posting, KelBel. Sue