Recipe by Graymare47 # 252632
This is a recipe from Rachel Ray....my daughter fixed it last weekend for us, for dinner. It is ummm-ummm good!!! I think it would make a good Sunday evening meal, with a salad!
Top Review by mersaydees
Very tasty comfort food for kids and grownups alike! Given the 2 lbs of tortellinis, I think this could benefit from either two packages of frozen spinach or the larger 16 - 20 ounces bag to boost its nutritional value. Thanks, Graymare! Made for PAC Spring 2010.
- 2 lbs cheese tortellini, fresh
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 dash fresh nutmeg, grated
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen chopped spinach, thawed, with excess water squeezed out
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen artichoke hearts, defrosted and quartered
- ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup asiago cheese
- 1⁄2 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat the broiler.
- Place a large pot of water over high heat to boil. Once boiling, salt the water and drop the pasta inches Cook to al dente according to package directions. Drain cooked pasta and reserve.
- While the pasta is cooking, place a large skillet over medium heat with the butter. Cook the garlic in the butter until aromatic, about 1 minute, then sprinkle the flour over the butter and cook for another minute. Whisk the milk into the roux and bring up to a bubble to thicken. Add nutmeg, spinach, artichoke hearts, salt and pepper, and cook until the veggies are heated through.
- Add the reserved tortellini to the skillet and toss to coat. Transfer everything to a large casserole dish and sprinkle with the cheeses. Place under the broiler to brown, about a minute.