1/1 Photo of Spinach and Artichoke Tortellini Bake
Graymare47 # 252632's Note:
This is a recipe from Rachel Ray....my daughter fixed it last weekend for us, for dinner. It is ummm-ummm good!!! I think it would make a good Sunday evening meal, with a salad!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs cheese tortellini, fresh
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 dash fresh nutmeg, grated
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen chopped spinach, thawed, with excess water squeezed out
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen artichoke hearts, defrosted and quartered
- ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup asiago cheese
- 1/2 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1Pre-heat the broiler.
- 2Place a large pot of water over high heat to boil. Once boiling, salt the water and drop the pasta inches Cook to al dente according to package directions. Drain cooked pasta and reserve.
- 3While the pasta is cooking, place a large skillet over medium heat with the butter. Cook the garlic in the butter until aromatic, about 1 minute, then sprinkle the flour over the butter and cook for another minute. Whisk the milk into the roux and bring up to a bubble to thicken. Add nutmeg, spinach, artichoke hearts, salt and pepper, and cook until the veggies are heated through.
- 4Add the reserved tortellini to the skillet and toss to coat. Transfer everything to a large casserole dish and sprinkle with the cheeses. Place under the broiler to brown, about a minute.
Browse Our Top Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach and Artichoke Tortellini Bake
Serving Size: 1 (351 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 649.5
- Calories from Fat 200
- Total Fat 22.2 g
- Saturated Fat 12.3 g
- Cholesterol 97.3 mg
- Sodium 816.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 83.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 31.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: