I had some leftover spinach and artichoke dip that I didn't know what to do with and came up with these. They are soooo good! While you could certainly use leftover dip from a restaraunt or frozen from a grocery store, a great homemade one I enjoy is Chef KPD's "Baked Spinach & Artichoke Dip". I hope you enjoy!
- Pre-heat broiler on low.
- Clean mushrooms and scoop out gills, hollowing out to form cups.
- In a saute pan, heat 1 tbs. butter and oil over med. heat.
- Cook mushrooms in butter and oil cap side down for about 4 min, flip and cook for 1 minute more.
- Remove to a paper towel to drain of any liquid and cool.
- Stuff mushrooms with 1-2 tbs. dip (depending on size of mushrooms).
- In a small dish, melt 1 tbs. butter in microwave and stir in breadcrumbs until completely moistened.
- Sprinkle stuffed mushroom caps generously with breadcrumbs.
- Place caps on foil lined pan and broil on low for 4-5 minute or until breadcrumbs are brown.