Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a wonderful crustless quiche recipe. You can get creative with the vegetables you add, but the basic recipe works just fine. Slices can be frozen and reheated for individual meals.
- 10 ounces frozen spinach
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1 cup artichoke heart, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 3 eggs
- nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Saute mushrooms and onions in olive oil with garlic. Add spinach and cook until liquid has reduced.
- Mix vegetables with remaining ingredients, salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour into pie dish sprayed with nonstick spray. Bake 45 minutes.
This recipe is really simple and allows you to add just about anything to it. In order to stick with the core recipe i added thin slices of potato along the dish as the crust and added zucchini to the rest of the ingredients. Turned out very yummy and doesnt take as long to make if you pre cut the vegetables beforehand.
I almost doubled the recipe.
I followed the preaparation steps but I kept aside some ingredients for topping and decoration: cooked mushrooms, artichokes slices and some cottage cheese.
I added some nutmeg to the mix.
A yummy and light pie which can adapted to the taste of each one.
Leftovers would be great in the lunch box or even as filling for a sandwich.
Thanks a lot for this recipe!
This recipe is ultra yummy. I made some modifications and I'm not sure how it fits into the Weight Watchers point system, though. As per the commenter below suggested, I added 1 cup of cheese (I used fat free cheddar) to the mix. I also added cayenne pepper powder to taste (in the mixture before I added the eggs - again, I used EggBeaters). It came out so cheesy with a kick of spice. This is definitely a keeper recipe!!!