Recipe by Kristi Nicole
This is one of my new favorite recipes, and by far my favorite concoction that I've ever whipped up myself! It turned out amazing,and the whole house smelled amazing (if you like the smell of garlic, that is!). I was reading a Spinach Pasta recipe that I was going to make, but didn't have 75% of the ingredients, so I created this one instead! And I'm so happy I did!
Top Review by Julie F
This is a delicious recipe that we really enjoyed. I did make one BIG change to it however. The recipe calls for 3/4 c of olive oil. I used about 2T instead. I figure this must be a typo as I can't imagine what it would be like with more oil. Next time I will also sprinkle parmesan cheese on each individual serving. Adding it to the tomato mixture was good, but the cheese tended to clump together so I think it would be better as a topping. Thanks for sharing!
- 0.75 (1 lb) box penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (12 ounce) jar artichoke hearts, drained and cut up
- 6 ounces fresh spinach leaves
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil penne pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat 3/4 cup of olive oil over med-high heat in a large skillet.
- Add pressed garlic and saute for 1-3 minutes until golden brown.
- Add diced tomatoes and artichoke hearts. Allow to heat through.
- Stir in parmesan cheese, stirring constantly until melted.
- Add in spinach and stir until all leaves are wilted.
- Add in pasta and mix it all through.