Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Special Edition Contest Entry: A cheesy and savory appetizer
Make and share this Spinach and Artichoke Hashbrown Cups recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (8 -10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach (thawed)
- 2 (12 ounce) cans artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1 cup cream cheese (either pre softened of whipped)
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated romano cheese
- 1⁄4 cup alfredo sauce
- 8 slices bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped (enough for garnishing)
- 1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend (mozzarella, provolone, parm, romano, for spinach mixture)
- 1 (20 ounce) bag Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup shredded Italian cheese blend (mozzarella, provolone, parm, romano, for potato mixture)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 egg white
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large mixing bowl or food processor mix together spinach, artichokes, cream cheese, alfredo sauce, grated parmesan, and grated romano.
- Mix until all ingredients are fully incorporated with one and other.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Set bowl aside.
- In another large mixing bowl mix together hash browns, salt, pepper, garlic powder, shredded cheese, 2 tablespoons of olive oil and egg whites together.
- Make sure that all ingredients are mixed well together.
- Prepare a muffin tin with non stick cooking spray.
- Fill each muffin compartment with the potato mixture. Make sure that the mixture covers the bottom and sides of each compartment leaving in nest like hole on the center for filling later.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes of until golden or until desired crispiness is achieved.
- Fill each cup with the spinach mixture.
- Top each cup with Italian shredded cheese.
- Bake for 7-12 minutes or until cheese is bubbling and golden brown.
- Remove the cups from muffin pan.
- Top with bacon and green onions.
- Serve Hot.