Ready, Set, Cook! Special Edition Contest Entry: A cheesy and savory appetizer
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (8 -10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach (thawed)
- 2 (12 ounce) cans artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1 cup cream cheese (either pre softened of whipped)
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup grated romano cheese
- 1/4 cup alfredo sauce
- 8 slices bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped (enough for garnishing)
- 1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend (mozzarella, provolone, parm, romano, for spinach mixture)
- 1 (20 ounce) bag Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Italian cheese blend (mozzarella, provolone, parm, romano, for potato mixture)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 egg white
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2In a large mixing bowl or food processor mix together spinach, artichokes, cream cheese, alfredo sauce, grated parmesan, and grated romano.
- 3Mix until all ingredients are fully incorporated with one and other.
- 4Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 5Set bowl aside.
- 6In another large mixing bowl mix together hash browns, salt, pepper, garlic powder, shredded cheese, 2 tablespoons of olive oil and egg whites together.
- 7Make sure that all ingredients are mixed well together.
- 8Prepare a muffin tin with non stick cooking spray.
- 9Fill each muffin compartment with the potato mixture. Make sure that the mixture covers the bottom and sides of each compartment leaving in nest like hole on the center for filling later.
- 10Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes of until golden or until desired crispiness is achieved.
- 11Fill each cup with the spinach mixture.
- 12Top each cup with Italian shredded cheese.
- 13Bake for 7-12 minutes or until cheese is bubbling and golden brown.
- 14Remove the cups from muffin pan.
- 15Top with bacon and green onions.
- 16Serve Hot.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach and Artichoke Hashbrown Cups
Serving Size: 1 (174 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 223.5
- Calories from Fat 148
- Total Fat 16.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 42.0 mg
- Sodium 498.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 10.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Italian cheese blend
Italian cheese blend