Kozmic Blues's Note:
I have triumphed! I took a HUGE chance making a vegan version of spinach and artichoke dip for the biggest spinach-hater in the world. But, she LOVED it!! I used Hot Artichoke and Roasted Red Pepper Dip - Vegan as a base. I didn't have a lemon on hand, so I added an extra tbsp or 2 of Braggs, which I think REALLY made the difference in flavor. Just make sure to watch the amount of actual salt that you add, keeping in mind that the Bragg's Aminos is a bit salty already.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 10 ounces frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can artichokes, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Braggs liquid aminos
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- black pepper, to taste
- 1On medium high heat, sauté onions and garlic and italian seasoning in a tablespoon of oil.
- 2When onions have become transparent add in the spinach and artichokes and sauté for a few more minutes.
- 3In a blender, combine cashews and water, and blend until smooth 2-3 minutes.
- 4Add in lemon juice, liquid aminos, nutritional yeast and salt, and blend until combined well.
- 5While blender is running on low, stream in the last couple tablespoons of olive oil to the cashew mixture.
- 6Add mixture to the skillet, and fold to combine.
- 7Cook until heated through and somewhat thickened.
- 8Transfer to a baking dish and place in a preheated 350* oven for 10-15 minutes, or just until lightly browned.
- 9Served with sliced and toasted baguette.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach and Artichoke Dip - Vegan
Serving Size: 1 (108 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 112.8
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 296.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 4.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried Italian seasoning
Braggs liquid aminos