Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A nice change of pace to the signature chain restaurant appetizer
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon red pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 8 ounces portabella mushrooms, chopped
- 2 (15 ounce) cans artichoke hearts
- 1 (16 ounce) packet frozen chopped spinach
- 2 lbs ricotta cheese
- 1 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream (+-) or 4 tablespoons half-and-half (+-)
- heat oil and butter over medium heat.
- add onion, mushrooms herbs, garlic and spices, sautee until browned and tender.
- add artichoke, break into small pcs while browning.
- add spinach.
- continue to stir and cook until all moisture is absorbed and mixture appears to be dry.
- add ricotta, mix well.
- add parmesian, mix well.
- create desired consistancey by adding cream or more parmesian.
- salt to taste (needs quite a bit).
- serve on crackers or chips.