Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is my mom's recipe and tastes great with tortilla chips or Melba toast. You can spice it if you'd like but remember that the hot pepper cheese on top makes it quite spicy.
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 8 ounces hot monterey jack pepper cheese (shredded)
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts (drained)
- 2 (10 ounce) boxes frozen chopped spinach
- 1 small onion
- 4 tablespoons butter
- melt butter in a medium pot, add onions and sautaee.
- place spinach in a bowl in the microwave until defrosted, drain all liquid from the spinach.
- Add spinach to the onions, add cream cheese and stir until well blended.
- Add sour cream and artichokes to pot and stir until well blended.
- Put mixture in a bakeable dish and top with hot pepper cheese.
- Bake at 350 until cheese on top is melted and golden on the edges. (about 15-20 min.).
Yummy recipe! This doesn't last long around here. Hubby likes to add a few cloves of garlic when sauteeing the onion. Definitely a keeper and a regular:-) Thanks Gayla!!
This was good...my hubby didn't care for it, but my daughter's boyfriend took the leftovers home and asked for the recipe! Great with Pita Chips...and easy to make.
Very good! I used only half the spinach, because I thought I had more and forgot to get some at the store. It still turned out good. I took this to a potluck at work, and it went fast! Thanks for posting this!