Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a great recipe for the holidays. I got it from the old Alabama Power Company cookbook. Originally posted by Romona Shannon.
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and halved
- 3 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Arrange the artichokes in a greased 1-quart casserole dish, and set aside.
- Cook the spinach according to package directions; drain well.
- Combine the spinach and the next five ingredients, stirring until the cream cheese and butter melt. Spoon the spinach mixture evenly over the artichokes; sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese.
- Combine the breadcrumbs and 1 tbsp butter; sprinkle evenly over the casserole.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
This was really nice and very simple to throw together. Made for photo tag summer 2013