Prep 7 mins
Cook 24 mins
This casserole is as healthy as it sounds and tastes phenomenal - in fact, one of the best casserole recipe I've ever come across! It's also extremely easy to cook and involves minimal ingredients. Go ahead, eat your spinach! (This recipe was originally adopted from Goodmorning America)
- 2 jars marinated artichoke hearts, slightly drained
- 3 packages frozen chopped spinach, cooked and drained
- 3 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 dash fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 tablespoon whiskey
- 6 tablespoons cream
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Arrange artichokes on the bottom of 1 1/2-quart casserole.
- Cover with spinach and season with pepper.
- Beat cream cheese, margarine, whiskey, and cream together.
- Spread over the spinach.
- Refrigerate for about 24 hours (or more if you are planning ahead for a dinner party) Sprinkle Parmesan on top of the sauce.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 40 minutes.
This recipe was easy to make and tasted absolutely delicious. My boyfriend wants me to make another because we finished the first so quickly.
Very good! I cut the recipe in half and put it in a 1-qt souffle dish; it was the perfect amount for a light lunch for two, or a side dish for three. Next time I might mix a little of the cheese topping into the spinach and then spread the rest on the top, but it was good as is, too. Thanks for sharing this recipe!