Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
From Good Housekeeping magazine. Really creamy and good. Everyone raves about this one. Make sure you top with freshly grated parmesan cheese, not the stuff in the can!
- 566.99 g frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 389.80 g can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 236.59 ml heavy cream
- 0.59 ml salt (I like it with more)
- 0.59 ml ground pepper (I use more)
- 158.51 ml grated parmesan cheese (I use more)
- 226.79 g package cream cheese, softened
- 236.59 ml whole milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F In bowl, combine spinach, artichokes, cream, salt, pepper and 1/3 cup Parmesan.
- In small bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat cream cheese(softened, make sure!) until fluffy, occasionally scraping bowl with rubber spatula. Reduce speed to low, gradually add milk, mixing just until well blended.
- Spray 1 1/2-quart casserole or 8" by 8" glass baking dish with Pam or other non-stick spray or line dish with non-stick foil(love that stuff!). Put spinach/artichoke mixture in bottom of dish. Pour cream-cheese mixture evenly over spinach mixture. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until edges bubble and top is golden.
Wow! I've made this several times and forgotten to review. It was a welcome change on our Thanksgiving table - and will make a repeat performance every year!
This was over the top good, Sauce Lover. Only change made was to use 2 packages of fresh spinach, cooked in the microwave with the cream. Everything else followed to a T. This will be made again and again over the years. Thnx for posting. Adopted for Spring 2008 PAC.