Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Add your favorite vegetable as a topping. I like to use tomatoes and onions.
- 1 vegan pizza dough (prepared or slightly baked)
- 1 (12 ounce) package soft silken tofu, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 medium yellow onion, minced
- 3 -5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pinch of grated nutmeg
- 1 cup shredded soy cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°FF.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet.
- Sauté spinach, onions, garlic, salt, pepper, nutmeg for about 5 minutes.
- In a food processor blend, spinach mixture and tofu until smooth.
- Evenly spread onto pizza dough.
- Sprinkle cheese.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until crust is a golden brown.
This is a great vegan recipe! It was gobbled up by my vegan AND carnivore family members! I didn't have any vegan cheese on hand so I left it out and the pizza still came out great! The tofu-spinach mix has a creamy texture to it so it looks and even tastes a bit cheesy. I also sprinked on some dried basil and oregano which added some nice flavor.
This was amazing and easy! I used firm tofu, left out the soy cheese, and sliced mushrooms for the top. Make sure you use plenty of salt and pepper. I will definitely make this again.
I tried this recipe tonight and I am amazed at how good this pizza tastes! My husband is vegan and I don't even life tofu, but dang, this was too yummy to pass up. Thank you so much! Keep more vegan recipes coming please.