Recipe by Caroline Cooks
Makes a delicious dish for a meatless meal!
Top Review by Miriachi
Excellent! Thanks for sharing! I had a hard time figuring out how much 1.5 cups of pasta is so I tried 250 grams and it seemed like too much so I added an extra egg. It came out great but I think I'll try less pasta next time. Also will try more spinach (I added butter and pepper to this after cooking) and possibly some pre-cooked chicken. Thanks again!
- 118.29 ml prepared alfredo sauce
- 354.88 ml angel hair pasta
- 177.44 ml small curd cottage cheese, well-drained
- 236.59 ml parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 473.18 ml fresh Baby Spinach
- 3 roma tomatoes, 1/2 thick slices lengthwise
- 14.79 ml italian seasoning
- 118.29 ml mozzarella cheese, shredded
- extra parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to directions to al dente; drain.
- Meanwhile, heat Alfredo sauce over low heat or in the microwave on reduced power.
- Do not overheat!
- Cook or steam spinach to wilt; drain and pat dry.
- Combine drained pasta with Parmesan and egg.
- Press into bottom and up sides of oil-sprayed DEEP DISH 9” pie plate to form crust.
- Spread cottage cheese over crust.
- Spread spinach evenly.
- Spread Alfredo sauce; and place tomato slices over sauce; sprinkle tomatoes with Italian seasoning and salt and pepper. Cover loosely with foil and bake in preheated oven at 375 degrees F.; for 25 minutes.
- Uncover, and sprinkle with Mozzarella; bake for about 8 minutes to melt cheese.
- Let set for 10 minutes before slicing into wedges.
- Serve additional Parmesan cheese, if desired.