Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Makes a delicious dish for a meatless meal!
- 118.29 ml prepared alfredo sauce
- 354.88 ml angel hair pasta
- 177.44 ml small curd cottage cheese, well-drained
- 236.59 ml parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 473.18 ml fresh Baby Spinach
- 3 roma tomatoes, 1/2 thick slices lengthwise
- 14.79 ml italian seasoning
- 118.29 ml mozzarella cheese, shredded
- extra parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to directions to al dente; drain.
- Meanwhile, heat Alfredo sauce over low heat or in the microwave on reduced power.
- Do not overheat!
- Cook or steam spinach to wilt; drain and pat dry.
- Combine drained pasta with Parmesan and egg.
- Press into bottom and up sides of oil-sprayed DEEP DISH 9” pie plate to form crust.
- Spread cottage cheese over crust.
- Spread spinach evenly.
- Spread Alfredo sauce; and place tomato slices over sauce; sprinkle tomatoes with Italian seasoning and salt and pepper. Cover loosely with foil and bake in preheated oven at 375 degrees F.; for 25 minutes.
- Uncover, and sprinkle with Mozzarella; bake for about 8 minutes to melt cheese.
- Let set for 10 minutes before slicing into wedges.
- Serve additional Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Excellent! Thanks for sharing! I had a hard time figuring out how much 1.5 cups of pasta is so I tried 250 grams and it seemed like too much so I added an extra egg. It came out great but I think I'll try less pasta next time. Also will try more spinach (I added butter and pepper to this after cooking) and possibly some pre-cooked chicken. Thanks again!
Awesome pasta dish, Caroline! That little bit of alfredo sauce sends this combo over the top. Picky 8 year old loved the parmesan pasta crust. Easy to put together and an attractive finished product. Thanks for posting!
Great dish. Thanks!! My first spaghetti pie, just had to try it.